World’s smallest continent, and largest Island, Australia is a breathtaking beauty on every traveller’s list. From being home to exotic wildlife to the land of revered aboriginal tribes, complete with clean sandy beaches, turquoise coral reefs, a stretch of deserts, national parks, and rainforests, Australia is a paradise. As you step on this diversified land, you will find yourself enjoying, relaxing, and having a frolic time.
So, if you are planning to tour Australia or wish to visit your sibling who has recently relocated to this city, then these are the unmissable tourist attractions of the city. Let’s explore!
1) Sydney Opera House: An architectural marvel! Structured and built as a huge sailing ship by architect, Jorn Utzon nestled between Sydney Harbour and Royal Botanic Gardens, The Opera House graces the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and is also the world’s iconic architectural masterpiece.
2) Great Barrier Reef: Scuba Diving Hub. Located in the coral sea encompassing a vast area of more than 2, 900 coral reefs, islands, and cays, Great Barrier Reef is a most sought after destination for scuba divers and underwater explorers. It is also one of the seven wonders of the natural world that attracts venturesome souls to its lap.
3) Great Ocean Road: Spectacular formations and driving routes. For the beholders of beauty, this is a must-visit place. A long stretch of road along the Port Campbell National Park having wind and wave sculpted rock formations known as the Twelve Apostles, London Bridge, The Arch, and Loch Ard Gorge; Great Ocean Road is a natural beauty to visit and explore.
4) Mudgee: A beautiful town northwest of Sydney in New South Wales, Australia harbouring colonial buildings, dozens of wineries, Lawson park on the banks of the river, and St. Mary’s Catholic Church is characterized by Gothic Revival architecture.
5) Blue Mountains National Park: Have a beautiful day trip at the Blue Mountains National park. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Blue Mountains National Park gets its name from the blue haze emanating from the eucalyptus tree. The stunning park shelters wilderness and encompasses waterfalls, gorges, hiking trails, and aboriginals rock paintings.
6) Kakadu National Park: Fuel your wilderness. It is this planet’s wilderness areas as well as a World Heritage Site. With a covering area of 19, 840 square kilometres, Kakadu is Australia’s largest National park and world’s second-largest in the world. In the National park lies the astounding quirkiest wildlife diversity.
7) Harbour Bridge: Another famous tourist attraction in Sydney, Australia is the Sydney Harbour Bridge– an epitome of engineering perfection. Also, known as the Coathanger, this steel construction is the largest steel arch bridge in the world.
So, these were the top 7 tourist attractions that you can’t afford to miss on your Australia trip. Given the current situation, it may not be possible for you to travel to this city; therefore, send rakhi to Australia to your sibling this year, and take a trip to Australia the next year because it’s a gem of a country to embrace and to explore.